Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY Rice Warming Bags

 The inspiration for this DIY project came sometime in the early morning hours of Monday. Gerry had a hurting back from a fall during his soccer game on Sunday. As I lay in bed, half asleep, I suddenly remembered the rice warming bag that Mom used to have at home. I don't think I ever got much use out of it, but I decided to see if it would help Gerry out. Monday morning I made a make shift warming bag, just using a ziplock bag and a tea towel wrapped around it. Effective, but not the real deal.

 So yesterday, I whipped one together, and by whipped, I DO mean 'whipped'. These are so super duper easy to make, and seriously take NO time at all! [I think I spent all of 15 minutes (or less!) making mine.] I sorta followed the below tutorial, but I made a few changes. I made mine a little bigger and added more rice...although now that mine is done, I think I'm gonna open it back up and add MORE rice to it...it seems a little thin to me.

http://www.makeandtakes.com/sewn-rice-bags-warming-our-tootsies



 Since the above tutorial is so well written, I'll just let you link to that to find the instructions for making these. Once you've made it, heat it up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and then place the bag on sore muscles and relax!

 I just used fabric that I happened to have on hand, but you could really have fun with these when choosing fabric. They would also make really great gifts, which I am definitely keeping stored away in the back of my mind!

 Hope you have fun trying it out!

2 comments:

  1. Good Job, Carmie!! I've seen these made in the shape of bunny rabbits before. ~Lavina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that would be really cute!! :)

      Delete